Last Updated on
To treat small internal piles, a medical procedure which is called Injection sclerotherapy is used. In this method different types of chemical injected in to the piles, which stops the supply of blood in to piles.
Because of the used chemical, vein got harden and tissues of hemorrhoids go to death. On the anal canal wall, a tiny scar comes in place of the hemorrhoid.
This thick and firm scar tissue, helps in catching tissues and veins nearby, in place and stops them to bulge out.
The whole exercise is done either in a hospital or in a doctor’s clinic.
After Treatment, following you may get
After it is done,there may be blood coming out of the anus for about a week. The time, when piles falls off, Bleeding automatically stops at its own.
• There may be a need to use some pain killers and taking sitz bath to soothe the piles pain and discomfort.
• It is recommended not to take NSAID (non steroidal anti inflammatory drugs) for at least four five days before and after this procedure to reduce the bleeding risk.
• Consuming high fiber diet and natural stool softeners are recommended for easy and smooth movement of bowels.
This should be noted that hard stool and straining at that time may be the reason for piles to come back.
Reasons Why should you get it Done
The following are the main causes where Doctors recommend injection sclerotherapy:
• In cases of Small piles which do not cure by any home remedy and diet precaution.
• In cases of too small Internal hemorrhoids, which are difficult to treat with rubber band ligation.
• In case of continuous bleeding from piles.
• In case of a patient is very old with not so good health and can not go for major invasive surgery.
How Well It Works
As already mentioned before, that it is only for small internal piles. It give relief in symptoms.
It may not be as effective as rubber band ligation and do not work on severe and big hemorrhoids.
In most of the cases piles recur after this injection therapy but this treatment can be repeated in that case.
Complications and side effects
Though there are no side effects but some complications which are rare include:
• There may be Painful burning in case of injection is given in an area where pain sensitive nerves end or too close to the anus.
• The injected chemical may have some allergic reaction in some people.
• Problem of having mucosa and wound.
• Anal area Infection.
• For some there may be difficulty in controlling bladder or bowel.
• Prostate gland infection in men.
In comparison of other piles treatment, Injection sclerotherapy is not a general procedure and is done less.
The doctor’s experience and expertise is a must for the success of injection sclerotherapy.
The success is also depends on the patient, who need to change his lifestyle and food habit to make sure that his bowel movement stay comfortable and easy.
In case of recurrence of piles, this therapy can be repeated or some other non surgical treatments like natural ayurvedic medicine for piles can be taken.
Before opting for this procedure it is good to know about the expertise of your doctor because not every doctor has the experience, expertise or equipment for this injection therapy.
You should ask your doctor that how many people he has done it and what is the rate of success and satisfaction.